...TOO MUCH MAKE-UP...?

7.7.14



It's funny when you get into the world of blogging you either find your identity straight from the get go or you don't! You go through stages of thinking I should be doing this, that and so on.

However, when you finally find your home and where you do or do not fit in, it feels great! I'm not a beauty blogger by any means. I know what I like and what I like to look like, however, I'm also known for leaving the house in whatever outfit and mood takes me that day.

I have realised that I was never into make-up and don't even know how to apply the stuff. Therefore, my look can be described as 'artistically experimental' at a push. I adore all the beauty blogs and the care and grace in which all the ladies (and gents) do such a great job. I then sigh and think I so cannot put the effort and care required to number 1: applying said make-up and number 2: keeping the stuff on my face for longer than a minute.

The one and only time I wore false eyelashes I spent the entire night thinking something was falling off my face. I was also highly unimpressed the following day to find a spider attached to my face (I hadn't quite reached the hangover stage and was still a little merry).

Don't get me wrong I love experimenting and playing with the stuff but I know when things are best left to the non-novices aka me! With that in mind I realised that I had contents in my make-draws (Muji clear plastic of course lol) that I had not even used or at best had not been used in at least 3 years. I decided that a clear out is as good as starting again. The above is a result of me getting rid of the items I no longer used, didn't like, had never liked and didn't know how to use.

I feel so free. It helped me realise what I like and don't like and the areas I would like to practice a little more in. My make-draw now looks like this and I love it.


Does that mean I'm now on a one woman crusade against make-up? No don't be silly. It means I've cleared out all my rubbish so I can start anew with a hope this time of knowing what I'm doing and having fun whilst doing so. I'm off to watch a few beauty vlogs and to stack up on some more blue make-up as I cannot get enough of the stuff. 

Please comment below and let me know of any beauty bloggers that are worth a look. 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment