MY ZARA CRUSH

2.7.14




 Zara Bags

It's almost impossible not to own something from Zara. Season after season they produce classics that we all fall in love with time and time again. The problem with us 'all' falling in love with their pieces is that after a while you can't even leave your house without someone having the exact same thing as you.

Of course its not what you have but how you wear it and yes up until a certain extent this is true. However, no matter how individual you are or where you go there will always be a 'Zara twin' waiting to clone your look and take the shine off you oh so cool outfit. Come on those infamous leather bucket bags and this year's city girl black bag (sorry the name evades me).

For this reason and this reason alone I tend to just admire some of their items from afar. (Note to self must start clothing and handbag company to avoid the twin thing happening).

I'm a handbag fiend and used to have a colour to match everything. Back in the day if you asked I could match my accessories to your toothpaste without the bat of an eye...yes it was that bad! However, as I *cough cough* matured and wanted to look less like the masses my collection dwindled as I became more choosy and tried to find more individual styles that wern't so mainstream. I also like to buy out of season or out of trend pieces and ferret them away until they were long forgotten. And then POW I would wear my little hoard. Yes I know I sound awful but when people would ask 'Where did you get that from?' I would casually swish my hand (I haven't quite got my dismissive wave on point yet) and say 'Oh this I've had it for years'.

I know it makes me sound a little meh but I've experienced people saying ohhh I like that and then copying my exact outfit and even wearing it the same time as me....It irked my soul! It was just a little weird but I digress.

So you've read all of the above....now dismiss it all! I found this bag in Zara a few months back and fell in love. Then whilst out shopping with my brother on my birthday I spotted a Zara store and like pollen to a bee I went in for the kill. Then low and behold I see they have a mustard yellow 60's couch cover colour and I was thrown in turmoil! Give me options and I fall to pieces.

I stood in Zara looking like I was trying to replicate a baker's scale ohhhing and rrrr'ing whilst weighing up the pro's and cons of each colour. I asked my brothers' opinion and his response was to grunt, point, shrug and the reluctantly point at the orange bag to get me out of his face. Not sure he appreciated my handbag karate.

I choose the yellow in the end! I'm not sure why it just connected a little more with me and reflected off my skin much like a buttercup flower does in the summer (puke). I also think the fact that I already have the neon orange candy Furla bag made up my mind for me! My little brother kindly treated me to the bag and Nandos (bonus)! I'm thinking...does that mean I can buy another...?

I think you now have a small understanding of my handbag affair so I will cease to type until the next time. Ta ta for now!

P.s What highstreet 'It' bag do you own or plan on owning? Let me know below. Ok I promise that's it x

No comments:

Post a Comment