ASOS TALL RANGE...

16.4.14

ASOS Tall Range



I've contacted ASOS over the years to ask why they didn't have a tall range. When I was finally acknowledged up here with my ankle swingers and non-wrist reaching long sleeves. I was simply advised ‘Sorry, we have no plans to introduce a tall range at present!’

What does that even mean? Am I to continue roaming the streets of London wearing ill-fitting trousers? The crutch attempting to cut off all circulation as it doesn't accommodate my longer torso. Or looking like a sailboat wearing a coat 4 sizes too big just so I don’t have to spend the entire time holding the sleeves down. This unfortunately is a common thing seen on tall ladies in a poor attempt to not look like their hands are trying to run away from their outfits!

I’m the first to admit that it must be hard to cater for every shape and size out there, as we are many and varied. However, I've found increasingly over the last few years that ladies of a ‘long nature’ have effectively been banned off the high-street! It’s as if we've become mythical creatures only appearing on the show ‘Miranda’ or gracing the catwalks of the world when tall is acceptable. Forgive us if we dare to venture out in the day just wanting to look nice and wear well-fitting clothes.

I wanted to share my joyous discovery and let you know that I was venturing through the ASOS website as usual; routinely avoiding looking at dresses and the minus inch skirts. I know from experience I won’t stand a chance in hell of them fitting. So yes, I was roaming the site when I saw ‘ASOS TALL’ I didn't believe my left or right eyeball and started squinting at the screen. I then almost fell off my chair as the palpitations commenced. I clicked the link and lo and behold they've only gone and started a tall range. *Please insert theatrics and drum rolls of your own taste here*.

I could go on for days about the struggles of a tall lady; I'm only 5' 9.5" so don't even have it nearly as bad as some! However, it’s a case of if you know then you know. Above are just few pieces that caught my eye and will make great additions to any wardrobe. However, I've been on the unfortunate side of ASOS sizing when it comes to clothing so I will have to try a few pieces before I can pass judgement. I hope and pray that the range is not simply the standard range with a few inches added here or there as is often the case with tall ranges. The placement of the waist needs to be adjusted as does the bust line along with other factors (sorry there’s a limit to my clothing design knowledge). I really hope this isn't the case here!

The ASOS Tall range is a cumulative effort of a number of brands including New Look, Paper Dolls and TTYA agmonst others I would like to see more tall ranges reintroduced into stores (Dorothy Perkins and New Look now offer the range mainly online). However, this is a step in the right direction that I hope others take heed and follow. Right now I need to get back to browsing the net in the hope that I can find something, anything or even just one little thing that will fit.  Let me know where you shop for your tall clothing needs. Happy Shopping ladies.

P.s If you’re not so much on the tall side and are taking garments from the Tall rails in Topshop and you see a tall big haired lady giving you evils. It’s me lol! x 

No comments:

Post a Comment