VALENTINE'S HOW I LOVE THEE

16.2.14



I would love to write about how I went here, I drank this and I wore that all because I was treated for Valentine’s day by my partner.  Well I can’t, I’m single and I did nothing. Ok when I say nothing…I lied … I fully embraced the day and took myself out for valentines!

It got a little boring seeing people either loved up or being gushy about the whole thing. Or on the flipside you had so many people making snide remarks about anyone else that was actually enjoying the day.

So yes I took myself to my local shopping centre and immediately found myself submerged in folk panic buying generic looking red, white and pink cards. It was nice that they were making the effort but it was also off putting that so little thought or preparation had gone into it for some people. Instead much like the festive holidays they left it until the last moment and then spent their lunchtimes scrabbling over whatever was left in Clinton cards, Sainsbury’s and such. I actually dared to enter Clinton’s cards for what reason I don't know! To my panic I found when leaving I had become trapped in a queue that was blocking my escape from frantic buyers, horrid cards and chocolate roses. Buy chocolate or buy roses but do not combine the two it just looks meh!!

I had just left Superdrug (we shall talk about that adventure another time).  When I spotted Bodyshop and recalled the week prior they had handed out leaflets offering a discount of 20%. I scuffled into the store and reluctantly looked around. Do not get me wrong I love & adore body shop, however, they have the most beautiful gift packages and I find myself either buying nothing or ending up buying one of everything that I do not need! I like my products to be nice and fresh and prefer to buy little versions of what I need. Little and often is my motto (I almost sounded believable ha ha!). I just like ‘things’ and lots of them too!

So yes I was looking around trying to not commit to anything when I spotted a barginous (I made that word up but I’m sure you understand me) little package.  It was the ‘Save Our Skin’ or SOS kit. In the kit is one 15ml bottle of Vitamin E overnight serum-in-oil and a 50ml tub of Vitamin E intense moisture cream. Coming out of the tail end of some frankly disgusting weather my skin for one has taken a beating. A sometimes but not often greasy T-zone with sporadic patches of dry skin and not drinking enough water really hasn't helped matters.  I went up the counter and asked about the promotion after I realised it was only open to ‘Love Your Body’ membership card holders, however, I was advised that I could join in-store and take advantage of the promotion. There is a small charge of £5 per year for membership, however, this more than pays for itself over time.

As usual I’m chatting away like you have hours to read my ramblings so let me get back on track. The cream and serum both individually retail at £12 each, however, they were on offer for £16 for both.

I filled in my details and just like that I was a fully signed up LYB member. Yay me! The lady serving who by the way was absolutely delightful told me if I spend another £2 in-store then I would be entitled to another free gift. By now I was in heaven. I ungracefully glided from item to item trying to find one more item. I then realised I was looking at everything again (Honey bronze shimmering  Lip Balm…I’m coming back for you!) I grabbed another cute looking lip Balm and rushed back to the till before I was lured in again.

So what was in this free gift I hear you think! Well I received an Essentials Beauty Collection worth £22.50. It includes a Vitamin E moisture mask, Vitamin E cream cleanser, Big and Curvy mascara (black) and an eye pencil also in black. Wait for it. I received yet ANOTHER free gift! My final freebie was a 250ml bottle of White Musk Libertine body wash.  I actually cannot tell you how or why I qualified for the final item I received, however, I love it and will definitely be adding it to my list to purchase once finished!  To top it off I received a further 4 mini pots of testers to try until my heart’s content. That’s almost £30 worth of free goodies for a small £23 spend and it was only £23 as I signed up for membership at the same time. I will write a review post once I get to see how all of these products work for me, however, so far all is going well!


What’s the moral of the story?  If you put out to the universe that you love yourself then the universe will love you right back x

No comments:

Post a Comment