4 MINUTE MEAL: SALMON TERIYAKI STIR FRY

4.5.14





So #NoCookFriday's managed to spill over into Saturday and I really didn't feel like cooking. So after pottering about as you do on the weekend I decided to pop to Tesco's. I wasn't particularly hungry, however, I knew I would be. Looking around I didn't see much of anything I liked. Then I spotted guacamole (thank god for spell check) in the reduced section and thought great I'll have that with some toasted pitta bread.

I got home and put some pitta in the toaster in anticipation of eating my little munch. By now my hunger had made itself known. Being too eager I took a bit of pitta bread and dipped in straight in the guacamole. Imagine an eagle diving out of the sky for its pray...that was me. I put the biggest splodge in my mouth an action I immediately regretted. Have you ever popped one of those fizzy vitamin C effervescent tablets straight in your mouth? You know the ones that you're supposed to add to water first? Well I have and I will never do that again. My stomach filled with gasses doubling its size and turned my bodily liquids neon for days! 

Ok so you get the picture the guacamole fizzled and popped on my tongue with such aggression that it left my gob even quicker than it had entered. Followed by language that turned the air blue. After washing my tongue and redirecting the feelings of anger I felt at the punishment it had endured I now returned to the fact that I was still hungry.

It was getting late and the fact that I didn't want to cook was even more present then it had been prior to me going to Tesco's. So I looked in the cupboard and fridge to see what I could make with minimum effort. I grabbed the ingredients below and was so happy with how it turned out and the time it took to prepare that I decided to share it with you.  

This recipe is so simple it almost cooks itself. 

  1. Stir fry the rice as per the instructions on the pack
  2. Add Teriyaki/Fried rice sauce according to your taste
  3. Remove wok/pan from heat & then add shredded smoked salmon
  4. Add one finely chopped spring onion
  5. Add diced avocado and cucumber
  6. Serve and eat
  7. TA DA! I told you it really was that simple and quick 
It tasted so good, cheap to make and is such an adaptable dish should you want to change it up a little or need to make a quick but healthy meal. I added some Sriracha sauce to give it a little bite. I actually can't wait to make this again. Nom nom x

No comments:

Post a Comment